Friday, June 16, 2006

Reach


Reach
Originally uploaded by phunkstarr.
I'm reaching again.

For what I may never know. Maybe we're supposed to live in a certain state of ignorance, maybe happiness is never truly knowing.

17th June, 2005 (last year) - having moved into a tiny room in a idyllic old house sitting on top of a hill in Kristiansand, I was contemplating the rather impulsive decision of moving to Kristiansand. I'd agreed to work in a completely new restaurant in a town I had only been a few times. Meeting the owner a few weeks earlier on, he had painted a pretty picture: a new, soave concept-restaurant, with rich, sophisticated flair and a touch of fusion based in the textures of the mediterranian and the exotic falvours of Marocco. Still in my mind, was the question of why. A need to get my thoughts straight, was the usual reply, but I'm still not any closer to any real answer. Just that it felt right. It's been a year of no money, not knowing from day to day whether or not I'm going to work, late nights, unbelievable stress and no weekends. On top of that I startet working with gymnastics again, coaching kids 3 times a week. But it has also been a fantastic journey. Extensive knowledge about wine, gourmet cuisine, being around children, having fun with gymnastics, even insight into how to run a business, it's all a matter of how you see it.

Now, exactly one year later, fate is leading me back to where I came from - Australia.

I leave Kristiansand the 28-29th of June. I leave for Australia the 9th of July.

Wish me luck. My thoughts go out to all of you.

Jon

No comments: